[CHAT] about that!

Discussion in 'Sodom' started by Captain Zaven, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member Bürgermeister

You get dogs in class? That's awesome! How and why and can I just come to your school forever? I would looove to work some place that allowed dogs!
  2. NotAPumpkin

NotAPumpkin Game maker and tie breaker

Hehehe, it's because it's a Vet Tech class. Technically it's because we're studying the animals' behavior and/or practising techniques on them, but 90% of the time it's just because DOGS. CLASSROOM. We can bring other animals too, like cats or snakes, but so far it's just been dogs.
    ...Not that I'm complaining. I love dogs! I wanna bring mine in but he's old and he hasn't been well lately.

We also have two mice named Lefty and Righty. They really enjoy running on their wheel during lecture.

And I've resumed my post as the legendary sleeper in class, oh boy. I should really try going to bed at a reasonable hour. ...Right now, for instance.
  3. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

Maybe you should make it a goal to be able to run up all 19 flights of stairs? Also, 19 stories would be a little too much for me to personally handle, though. Mostly for fear of heights!

So you're studying to become a vet? Interesting... and it's neat that you can have dogs in class! I hope you get at least some work done in spite of those adorable creatures. And that you get your own pet. :)
  4. NotAPumpkin

NotAPumpkin Game maker and tie breaker

I just want to be a Veterinary Technician, which is sort of like a nurse but for animals. So I'd be wrangling those suckers onto x-ray tables, vaccinating them, knocking them out and monitoring them for sugery, drawing and analyzing blood, etc. Luckily in Canada this profession does not typically involve machetes, which is more than I can say about my Costa Rican adventures...

Tomorrow one of my classmates is bringing in her greyhound, Maddox. He's so cute and friendly, it does kinda make it hard to concentrate haha. They have such long noses, it slays me.

And yeah, my legs are sore today, but I should totally make it a goal to do all 19 at a run! In my old building I could take about ten flights running at a time, but that was a while ago.
  5. Almost Human

Greyhounds are so sweet. My gram used to live next door to a woman who ran an adoption centre for retired race dogs and you'd always see her walking her three. Such cool animals.

Also the idea of running up 19 flights of stairs makes my knees absolutely buckle. I can sprint up about five before I'm plodding my way slowly up the rest, haha
  6. gingerale

gingerale Dread Pirate

Oh gosh, you do that too? We have only six or seven floors but I've walked up the stairwells by the backdoors up and down so many times when I just can't sit still at my workplace.

Curiously the higher up I go the more secure the doors get. Like top floor door has an alarm system to it and the bottom floor door is always open.

Also greyhounds are super adorable.
  7. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Muses about things at Two in the Morning

I've been giving this a lot of thought lately since I'm still trying to sort some things out.
    But I guess I'd like to say that after really, really thinking about it, the world's not really that bad.
    I mean the generally global situation is still kind of fucked, but not irredeemably so,
    and all things considered my life is pretty good, ignoring my dipshit OCD's influence on it.
    I still can't be that aggressive-optimist that everyone wants me to be,
    So basically, I'd like to say to AH and everyone else who told me to stop worrying so much
    that they were right and I was dumb for not seeing that sooner.
    Oh well.

Re: Stairwell Exercise - That's a good goal to have and a good way to achieve those goals if you're making your legs sore, which is generally a sign of good exercise unless you've hit them against something. Although 19 Stories is going to take a while to conquer. Also, that's a weird security system. Is that even a security system? What could be on the top floors that are so valuable? Gold Bonds? Scandalous Celebrity Videos? Somebody's Anime Collection?

Re: Greyhounds - They sound like adorable dogs. I'm assuming as such from the testimony given here and the Simpsons. So much cartoons. ahahaha

Edit: It's now several hours later and I'm still pretty tired from staying up late last night hahaha.

Bad Stuff Today - got worked up over a bunch of Checking Urges involving Facebook, had to finally tell myself 'no'.

Good Stuff Today - went for a long walk by the River, around to the mall and stuff. Had a good time generally. :)
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  8. Blank_

Blank_ Transgender Asshole

I had a dream that my mom adopted two kids and just dumped them in rooms with one of my siblings and me. I literally woke up (in my dream) to find a little kid in my room. Which is weird because my mom has been dead for twelve years and it's been close to twenty since I lived with her
  9. Captain Zaven

Captain Zaven ribbed for her pleasure

*enters room with arms failing in a windmill fashion*
    guess who has a job interview tomorrowwwwwwwwwwwww*leaves room in similar fashion*

pokes head back in wait what the flip blank that's strange as heck
  10. Almost Human

That is a super odd one, Blank_. Not sure how to interpret something like that unless you've got some maternal instincts kicking into high gear and messing with your dreams.

Also congrats Zav! What kind of job is it?

My only news is that I have another doctor's appointment tomorrow so we'll hopefully find out why my body has been rebelling against me. Thrilling stuff, I know :p
  11. Triangle Man

This week, I went to work and and a couple of TED-Talk Simulcasts. Some of the discussions were pretty interesting, although the strangest experience for me was actually going up to the Second Floor of the Hotel next to the Convention center to attend them. I had literally never done this before now.

Also, we're having more feet wash up onto local shorelines again. I don't want to think too much about the source of this new pair of disembodied limbs, even if I could get an interesting short story out of it. I'd rather focus on something involving Blood Donation first.

@Blank - Agreed with the previous posters. That just seems like one of those 'out of left field' dreams. Perhaps it has some sort of deeper meaning, though?

@ CZ - I would also like to know about your new job. What is it?

@ AH - Well now I have to know how it turned out, right?
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  12. Blank_

Blank_ Transgender Asshole

Taxes are coming back soon. I need a super cheap laptop I can play games on. At least Minecraft if nothing else
  13. Almost Human

I'm hoping for a nice refund since they taxed the shit out of my work bonus. It would be nice to finally pay off my student loans!

My doctors appointment? Ah, well, I'm on some iffy ass meds but it's the best they can do. I have a hereditary condition that may just flare up from time to time in my life, it seems.
    If that's not what you were referring to I apologize, I'm a couple glasses of wine deep.
  14. Almost Human

Also here you go and you're welcome:

Triangle Man and Blank_ like this.
  15. Captain Zaven

Captain Zaven ribbed for her pleasure

it's a job doing quality assurance for a pharmaceutical manufacturer, and i think my interview went well but i'm just waiting to hear back from them and oh boy tom petty was right waiting is bullshit

also holy fuck i loved COWboys of moo mesa as a youth
  16. gingerale

gingerale Dread Pirate

Hmm.. Was at a workshop thing last weekend. They invited people from the university from all fields to work together to find real world solutions based on a research the medical folks have been working on for past years. The goal would be to reduce the chance Alzheimer and dementia and allow those who deal with it to live with it better and easier.

The concept my team came up with and pitched actually got enough attention that they're interested in discussing forming a start-up around it to make it reality. But I'm not too sure about that. I have a very stable job right now..
  17. Triangle Man

Is it tax return time already? Go get that laptop, Blank! I'll probably save mine whenever I get it back because I just have to start doing that in general. Living in this town is exceedingly expensive. :/

@ AH - That's fine. And I think I understand - basically, the sort of thing you can only really prepare for. We've got a lot of Hereditary Stuff in my family as well, including heart diseases and a tenancy towards developing Kidney Stones.

@ Zav - Nice. Good luck, again! :)

@ Gingy - That sounds super cool! In regards to the startup, it's something that you should consider at the very least. You may not get another chance to take part in an amazing/world-changing/world-bettering project like this again.
  18. Almost Human

Ginger: That sounds awesome! I know exactly how you feel though, it's always tough to risk the stability of a job for the uncertainty of another. Hell, it's the major reason I'm still at mine. Just remember the decision is yours and yours alone. You're smart, I have no doubt that this will not be your only opportunity to do something like this. Maybe not for the same cause in the future, but still.
    I wish you luck on whichever path you choose.

Zav: That's great to hear! I have my fingers crossed for you! Also my dad and I used to watch Moo Mesa all the time too. I have no idea what we loved so much about it, but we loved it!
  19. gingerale

gingerale Dread Pirate

Yeaah.. I've been feeling that the business-to-business projects we only do at my workplace aren't all that rewarding. Considering every single thing is pretty much just for sales people to be able to sell things better. Maybe I'll take the weekend to work on a prototype for the meeting in two weeks and decided after I've talked to them.
  20. Xenothral

Xenothral Your Friendly Neighbourhood Space Captain

So I may have actually found real people in real life who want to play real tabletop Battletech for real, in person in real life.
    That's awesome.
    I'm excited.
    I want to play tabletop Stompy Robots with everybody. Literally everybody.