[CHAT] about that!

Discussion in 'Sodom' started by Captain Zaven, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member Bürgermeister

That makes sense, and I know what you mean about fulfilling work. The games we make are pretty shallow and it'd be nice to make something I'd be proud to show off rather than embarrassed to even utter the name of, haha. I hope it works out well for you!

I know nothing of this battletech but I'm glad you found hu-mons to play it with. Although your instance that they are in fact people makes me suspicious that they are probably more alien shapeshifters than anything.
  2. Xenothral

Xenothral Your Friendly Neighbourhood Space Captain

I mean they probably are? I rarely go outside and meet actual real life people so it's entirely possible that they are just some shapeshifters. I wouldn't be surprised, honestly.

edit: I probably am going to try to run some kind of play by post Battletech game here if people are interested in something like that. I would do an actual campaign of it but I don't know how into rolling thousands of dice per turn people are into. If they are we could just do an actual Battletech campaign using the A Time of War rules (Basically Shadowrun but set in Battletech, turns out they're basically the same because Catalyst makes both of those games. A Time of War seems a little simpler than Shadowrun though.)

I have no idea how I would end up managing anything about it, but there are a few threads on Something Awful I can (and already have been) stealing ideas from for how to run the game anyway. So let me know! Either here or in Skype or wherever else I exist, doesn't matter to me any.
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  3. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

Jesus Christ, yesterday was just another one of those days where my OCD/Anxieties latched onto me all at once and refused to let go. Pros were that I got to go on a crazy adventure anyways, cons are that I'm now up at six in the morning going over my past regrets, some related to this very forum! ha ha ha fuck me

Since we already know how that song and dance plays out, let's not go over it and focus on other things.

I'm hoping to get a piece prepared for a literary journal within the next couple of weeks or so and am just waiting on feedback from several people, although once I do get it back I can probably get the thing whipped up into something half-decent within one or two days. I've also got a ton of other half-completed story thing right now that I'm not sure what to do with but will try and figure out.

I'd also love to finish reading this damn 'comic novel' that's overstayed it's welcome so that I can move onto other books instead. Seriously, I've got a dystopian novel, two post-apocolyptic novels, two fantasy novels and a few pieces of 'literary fiction' that are just being neglected right now.

@ Gingy - Sounds like a good plan!

@ Xeno - There's nothing like finding IRL friends to partake in your tabletop gaming, so I'm glad that you managed to find some! I'm not sure if I'd be able to do some post-by-post Battletech right now, however, due to time constraints and the number of other games/writing/work stuff I'm doing right now.

Also Man I wish that you'd met some alien shapeshifters. Reality would be more fun that way, if somewhat more existentially horrifying.
  4. Tesseract

Tesseract Regrets Choices Thus Far

Hey we're moving over to discord from skype so lemme know if you want on there
  5. Almost Human

What's discord?
  6. Tesseract

7. Almost Human

Oh dang, that looks snazzy! Did you all migrate there? I know I don't skype often but occasionally I have juuuuust the right amount to drink to join you guys.
  8. ectocal

ectocal Hapster

9. Almost Human

Aw I'd love to but I'm sick and should probably head to bed early tonight. I will try to join future sessions though!
  10. Tesseract

Yeah the skype's abandoned now so you're going to need discord for your yearly visits
  11. Triangle Man

Jesus, people are jumping the Skype Ship like it's the Titanic or something.

That's probably an exaggeration.
  12. NotAPumpkin

NotAPumpkin Game maker and tie breaker

I kind of forgot that this week is my march break and didn't make any plans...whoops. I'd like to go somewhere but I'm already going to Toronto in May...also I should look for another job instead haha.

I guess I'll do something for St. Patty's Day???
  13. NotAPumpkin

UGH also I'm in the weird state of depression where I can't really get into anything for more than like an hour or two at a time and end up buying/starting a million new games or retreading old ones before discarding them after a few minutes.

My wallet is crying, I feel no emotions except mild annoyance
  14. Almost Human

I've been in moods like that before, it's the only reason I have any games for my tablet, haha. I may be kind of gone for a short while guys, and I apologize. I have to go home for a funeral but we're not sure exactly when it will be.
  15. Triangle Man

I'm sleepy because sometimes my brain won't let me go to sleep and I have to get up early for work tomorrow.

Let's go to bed early and then see how it goes. :/

@ NaP - I know that feeling, mostly whenever I look at all the steam games I have yet to play. Maybe instead of making yourself play games that you don't want to play you could go for a bit of a wander? Or just lie around thinking about life for a while. I dunno, whatever works.

@ AH - No, you're absolutely justified in taking a few days away for the funeral. My Condolences.
  16. Xenothral

Xenothral Your Friendly Neighbourhood Space Captain

I got some Battletech miniatures the other day. I also assembled them!
    Here is a very large picture.
    [​IMG]
  17. NotAPumpkin

Those are extremely nice! I bought the Sam & Max book off Amazon, so here's to purchases I stubbornly refuse to regret.

Also, I squandered my entire week off hahahahahahaha..........................
  18. Blank_

Blank_ Transgender Asshole

I am pretty excited about no man's sky you guys
  19. Tesseract

it could be good but I'm very skeptical
  20. Blank_

Blank_ Transgender Asshole

For a game with 18*10^15 explorable planets you know gameplay is going to be repetitive as fuck