[CHAT] about that!

Discussion in 'Sodom' started by Captain Zaven, Jan 16, 2016.

1. NotAPumpkin

NotAPumpkin Game maker and tie breaker

Yeah, I think so. Things have been kind of weird for me in general, but he was pretty old for a hamster so I was kind of expecting it on some level. In retrospect I wasn't the greatest hamster owner, and I regret that. I hope he lived an okay life, and I hope he didn't suffer in the end.

Poor Grimm. Well, we buried him this morning. The chapter of my life containing a small fuzzy rodent is over, I guess.
  2. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member Bürgermeister

I'm sure you were a great owner. Hamsters don't need much to have very happy little lives.
  3. NotAPumpkin

Haha, well he had lots of fluffy stuff and a hamster ball to run into walls with when I took him out. He never bit me, so that's probably a good sign.
  4. Almost Human

Yeah I'd say he was probably pretty dern happy then. It's hard to treat a hammy time any better than that :)
    I've been thinking about chinchilla's recently. I mean, I'd rather get my ugly cat back, but I think chinchillas could be a lot of fun!
    I'm also super addicted to looking at the pets on the toronto humane society site. I can't get anything yet, but I like looking and dreaming.
  5. NotAPumpkin

Aww, well thanks.

Oh no, did something happen to your cat? Sorry if that's old news, but yeah you can never really replace 'em....chinchillas do seem very sweet though. So soft. I met some before, and they were very nice. I've heard that rats are really smart and social too, they definitely make good pets.

Man, I feel you though, I really just want to get a dog. I love dogs. They are the best. I'm volunteering at a place for racing greyhounds and I can't get over how long and ridiculous they are, and when you pet them they lean on you and it's super cute.
  6. Almost Human

Nah, Sin's fine it's just she's still at my grams and lately my gram has hinted that she won't give her back even if I do fulfil all her conditions, which breaks my heart because I'll never have a more awesome little shadow but I knew this was a possibility when I gave her to gram to take care of in the first place.

Aw! I want a dog SO BAD! I love the idea of rescuing, but also would love if I'm still in the city to have one straight from a pup so I can train her to properly walk in crowds and stuff.
    augh pets are the besssst!
  7. NotAPumpkin

Oh phew, I'm glad she's okay, but that's a shame. I guess a lot of older people get really attached to animals because life slows down for them a lot, but still! Stealing someone's cat is kind of mean.

Dogs though. Doooogs. This is silly, but I want to get an irish wolfhound and a little white dog (pomeranian? Italian greyhound?) and name them Sam and Max. Also like a million greyhounds. Mannn. Yeah, it's a toss-up over whether to adopt or get a puppy, but if you're thinking of having more than one dog in your lifetime, puppies are probably a one-or-two time thing. Unless you really like raising little hellions haha.
  8. Almost Human

Yeah, and I think she's still hoping Sin will bond with her the way she did with me, but Gram doesn't sit still long enough for that, and is always too busy (in movement and tasks, not that she doesn't have time). Sin like when you play games for hours and she can just sit on your lap, purring.

Also oh god I flip flop on dog breeds all the time. If I can be near a lake I'd love to have a big black lab, but if I'm in an apartment or condo I realize I'll need a more apartment appropriate breed. I love Basenji's, but probably wouldn't be able to find that breed around here. Maybe a Pom? They're sooo adorable and I have a lot of experience with long haired pets.
  9. NotAPumpkin

Aww, poor kitty. Yeah, some animals like certain kinds of people. That would be my ideal cat, because I am a couch potato.

Haha, swimming labs are so cute. Besenjis are cute too, I never really looked into them, but I love their ears.
    Poms are...objectively one of the worst breeds of dog in terms of temperment, but GOSH DARN IT they're so cute. I can't help but love them anyway.
  10. Blank_

Blank_ Transgender Asshole

I hear that a lot about poms but mine was super friendly and laid back. Now Chihuahuas...

And pit bulls get such a bad rap for being such loving and even tempered dogs. It's heart breaking.
  11. NotAPumpkin

Oh yeah, I know a couple of nice poms. That's kind of a generalization. It has a lot to do with how they're typically raised, but they're a bit predisposed to have an attitude.
    My parent's dog is half pom and it really shows haha.

Man pitties are so adorable with their big stupid heads! They're a bit too energetic for me, but I like playing with them. It really is a kind of dog that needs to be trained well, though, because they are absurdly powerful...even if they're just jumping up to say hi :p

I'm kind of lazy, I like lounging dogs. My favorites are sighthound breeds, and I'm not that fond of shih tzus and huskies.
  12. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

We haven't had a pet for a long time now, at least after our last rabbit died. My Sister has made multiple remarks about wanting to get a new dog but my Mom doesn't want to get any more pets ever. She seems content with the fish she bought back from her classroom, I guess.

I guess if we got a new one I'd actually like to have a Huskie or just another mutt. And I'd totally want a bigger dog, since small dogs are jerks and you can't cuddle with them. But only as a family pet. I don't have enough confidence to look after most animals on my own. :/

@ NaP - Sorry for the late condolences about your Hamster, by the way. It does sound like he lived the fulfilled life of a Pudgy, Seed-Munching Rodent. :)

@ AH - Well clearly this means that you have to go on a rescue mission for your Cat, special-ops style.. O_O
  13. Captain Zaven

Captain Zaven ribbed for her pleasure

idk if any of yall are still into homestuck, but holy fuckin shit end of act 6 was nuts
  14. Triangle Man

Man, I haven't read that comic in ages! It sure was fun back when I was reading it!

Is... is the comic finishing up now? Is this a thing that is happening?
  15. Captain Zaven

on 4/13 the entirety of act 7 is gonna be posted and we will finally be free from this hell
  16. Blank_

Blank_ Transgender Asshole

Somehow I doubt that but okay
  17. Triangle Man

Hopefully I will be able to feel a similar joy on the day that One Piece finishes.

I do like that comic, though. :)
  18. Almost Human

Is act 7 the end?
    I don't follow it all anymore, it got way too convoluted for me, but if you can give a concise summary of what we've missed I'd be interested in reading it.
    If that's impossible due to the aforementioned convoluted-ness I understand completely.
  19. Captain Zaven

yup, act seven is the end. and there is no fuckin way shape or form i'd be able to get concise with things, in fact i'm not even sure that i'm totally sure about everything that went on. but i still like some of the characters and i want to finish it out!
  20. Almost Human

Are any of the original characters still alive?