Holy shit a new [CHAT] ???

Discussion in 'Sodom' started by Almost Human, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member Bürgermeister

Oh man, I SUCK at self promotion. When I was freelancing I bungled that every step of the way. I'm getting a bit better at it, but I'm not great, I'll admit.

Also I'm super sad! I had a picnic planned tomorrow with friends but it's gonna be rainy and cold. Climate change friggin SUCKS.
  2. Almost Human

Finally we're getting some sun again! Picnics shall be rescheduled! Also I think I'll go dancing this weekend, I haven't been in ages so it should be quite fun
    Things have been so massively up and down lately I admit I have no idea how to feel about anything but having the chill off my bones does make everything feel a bit easier to handle
  3. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

Yeah, Self-Promotion is a challenge for me as well. Never been that great at it - I prefer to let my work speak for itself.

I'm also glad that the Picnic worked out about two weeks in the future. Also, I highly encourage your night out on the town. It's a great change of pace and a cheap high of sorts.

I mean, that's what I've been finding. Then I get exhausted and decide to stay in for a bunch of days in a row instead.
  4. Almost Human

Bahaha yeah I'll probably tuck myself away on Sunday to recharge, but I plan to get super drunk tomorrow night and dance until I pass out :p

I got caught in the rain tonight tho so I plan to take a hot shower and get this chill off my bones. It's friggin maddening and a bit of a dip in my physical health isn't helping my mood much. I'm hoping I haven't shown any of my semi-crankiness at work over the last few days tho, I'm crazy in love with this job and so paranoid I'll lose it at any moment haha
  5. Triangle Man

Hope you had a great Saturday night. I went to some writing workshops at the local library yesterday, got some useful tips, subscribed to some mailing lists, and then purchased three more books for some reason. Good day overall, I think.

Hope the shower went well, and that you get well soon. Good to know that you're hanging in there at work - keep it up, you're awesome. :)
  6. Almost Human

I was pretty great, no lie. Also I completely spaced on the fact that it's a loooong weekend! The sun is shining for the first time in what feels like years and I'mma sleep in.

Buying books does make for a good day! I wish I had a bigger place so I could keep getting new ones, even though I'm a slow reader. I've also fallen behind in my comic books too because I legit just have no more space.
    Ah well.

Got anything fun planned?
  7. Triangle Man

I'm used to having odd days off. I'll probably tackle Victoria day the same as usual - maybe a couple of freelance orders, writing group in the evening, meandering around in the sunshine. Might be best to just play everything by ear, though.

Same here! I actually have too many books at this point, and am not getting through them quickly enough. It's a bit of a hassle for me. But then I just keep buying more before I've given away the old ones, so I guess I just don't learn. *shrugs*
  8. Almost Human

There's something super great about being surrounded by good stories though. I dunno, I just find a full bookshelf lovely, even if I have a few books on there I've only gotten halfway through.

I do have one book I'm afraid I'll probably never read.
    I have Terry Prachett's last discworld novel, the Shepherd's Crown and it's been on my shelf since the Christmas after he died. I just can't seem to bring myself to open it up, knowing it's the last one.
    Which sounds stupidly sentimental, buuuut unfortunatly that's just the kind of sap I am sometimes haha
  9. Blank_

Blank_ Transgender Asshole

yo how's it been

remember 420 smoke weed erry day

peace
  10. Blank_

does anyone even remember who I am? If so

sorry
  11. Almost Human

Uh I will never ever forget you, you're the sexiest lady we've ever had around these parts!
    Blank_ likes this.
  12. Captain Zaven

Captain Zaven ribbed for her pleasure

Oh my god, here I am, up at two in the AM, wondering how the heck my dearest almonds has been and lo and behold, a fresh thread for me to trek mud through. Congrats on your promotion!

also blank, you truly are most unforgettable
  13. Triangle Man

Hey Blank, glad to see that life has been treating you well. :)

And holy shit, Captain Zaven, it's been way too long! How's life been treating you? :)
  14. Captain Zaven

It’s been good, it’s been bad, now it’s a pleasant mix of the two! Currently living with my parents while attending nursing school. But this is the best it’s been all year, and the bad parts aren’t as bad as they used to be! How’s about you triguy?
  15. Triangle Man

Glad to hear! As previously noted, I have a freelance writing gig, and at least one short story publication under my belt now. I'm also getting a second publication now, which should be out in the next few months.

I also have at least two writing groups and a large group of other writers who can help me improve my craft, so that's pretty great.

And I got back from a trip to London, England recently.

Honestly, life's been pretty good for me lately, usual anxieties aside.
  16. Almost Human

Holy shit, nursing? Dude that's noble as fuck, you get all my kudos, that is not a field I think I'd be a strong enough person to handle.

Also how was London, Tri? I've only been there once but super loved it, did you do any touristy stuff?

It's always fun when the old tribe pops back up again :)
  17. Captain Zaven

Honestly if I’ve gotta be hauling patients onto gurneys and stuff... I might not be strong enough too. Gotta make some sort of exercise plan (like that’s gonna happen...)

But yeah, this place did enough for me back in the day that it’s always gonna be part of my heart. And we’ve got the discord running! It’s not everyone, but there’s a good amount there
  18. Blank_

so when are you going to just make a hiddenlevel facebook group to post in
  19. Blank_

but very rarely like once every two or three years
  20. Blank_

Turns out Alana is a liar. We've been cuddling and doing bondage for the past few months. The day before yesterday she brought me a salted mackerel. seeing as how she's basically a cat, it was her way of saying, "It'd be okay if you didn't die right away" which is huge.

No, she didn't put it in my shoe, fortunately.