Let's Play D&D (5e)!

Discussion in 'Pop Culture' started by NotAPumpkin, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member Bürgermeister

My Bard leveled up and learned Leomund's Tiny Hut! My DM is pretty nice and let's me kind of go nuts with my ideas (it won't have any effect on the game, it's all just aesthetic) so here's my exterior:

[​IMG]

And a quick look at the interior (obviously quite unfinished, I'll be working on it bit by bit as I get the chance):

[​IMG]

My DM let me make it an impossible space, so I get to kind of go nuts, again, nothing in here can help us in battle but is all for fun and will have different references to stuff in our game.
    I made space for two of our other characters too, and purposely left out a spot for our barbarian. He's been beating my elf up a lot lately so he's actually not welcome in the hut :p
  2. NotAPumpkin

NotAPumpkin Game maker and tie breaker

Awww that's so cute! I love your tiny house :D

It's an awesome hidey hole for an adventuring party, ahhh. And the spaces for your other friends are really cute. Except for the barbarian, but maybe he can learn a lesson about pissing off spellcasters.
  3. Almost Human

I'm glad you like it! Yeah I also really like the idea of drawing something that incorporates a lot of our in jokes and characters ever evolving personalities...
    But I also wanted to teach our barbarian a lesson. Once we play today he's going to see the problem with pissing off a diva elf :p
  4. lovelyAssistant

lovelyAssistant Made of language

That's so great, AH!!

Also hey all, guess who's joining the game... prepare to meet Killian Goldsong, halfling bard and definitely an excellent person.
  5. Almost Human

Bahaha thank you! Also your character sounds amazing. I'm fully convinced they're an excellent person!
  6. lovelyAssistant

lovelyAssistant Made of language

I love that you're playing a bard too, AH, we should compare character notes!
    And in related news, NaP is absolutely amazing at talking through character background shit. I think I spent more time on this character than I did my schoolwork this week #noregrets

#OkayMaybeSomeRegrets
  7. Almost Human

Our D&D sessions keep getting cancelled because the new girl keeps bailing. :/
    I will admit it feels like we're pretty on rails these days anyway, with our DM rejecting any outside-the-box solution to problems I, or others, try to bring up.
    Ah well.
  8. NotAPumpkin

NotAPumpkin Game maker and tie breaker

Awww :(
    That sucks a lot. Well, it IS around Christmas time, but if you're a new player you think you'd want to make a good impression?

In the group I am in as a player, the DM's boyfriend ditched us to play WoW multiple times before quitting the game, bleh. We have a hard time scheduling too, on account of work and what have you. On the other hand, we're missing a few key players in the game I'm DMing, so we might have a silly AU session instead this week.
  9. Almost Human

An npc from our campaign:

Lemmi "Tripod" Mounds, he's had beautiful hair.

[​IMG]
  10. gingerale

gingerale Dread Pirate

I just remembered the forums also had a D&D thread so I can post my new character here as well and not just on Discord.

Friend’s DM’ing a D&D session for the first time in near future. I decided to make a wood elf monk as my character for her campaign.

His name is Jamendithas Urifaren Oloro de Glynwarin Daelamin y Wysakrana. He’s 183 cm tall and weighs 180 kg. His method of combat is to battle topless, unarmed, and covered in olive oil.

He’s also a magnificent chef.

All in all, it's gonna be great. I need to figure out how to draw him.
  11. Almost Human

Holy shit, Gin! I was just thinking about you today too! Not a word of a lie!!
    Also that is a fantastic name and story for your character. Lemme know if you want any help sketching things out!
  12. gingerale

gingerale Dread Pirate

I'm glad to know I'm in thoughts of those dear to me!

The thing is that the elves are a bit modified for their campaign's world. The wood elves are, well, wood elves. As in their skin is bark-like, their youth have what look like flowers growing on them, and they have that whole plant motif going on. And on top of this I need to make him big! Got to discuss the looks with the DM.
  13. Almost Human

Oh dang! That actually sounds pretty awesome! Kind of like a whole dyrad thing going on them. I'm into it! I love it when the DM shakes things up like that. As it is in our game most of the characters (players and npcs) are humans and aside from a weird kind of cult thing it all feels pretty standard.
    I guess that's part of the reason I love NaP's world! It's so different!
    I'm a little jealous, haha
  14. Almost Human

My DM threw in a Resi Reference just for me, so I drew it, and my reaction to it, out:

[​IMG]
  15. gingerale

gingerale Dread Pirate

I think my combat encounters might be too easy for my players.

I gave them twelve bandits. Two of them started wiping the field of them so the paladin decided to start chasing the ranger around because he actually got hit once. And she, being a elf/deer-centaur, decided to sit on the ranger to keep him still while she applied Lay on Hands. This was when more than half of the bandits were still around. There were a lot of grapple vs. acrobatics rolls and a bunch of very confused bandits.
  16. Almost Human

Bahaha that sounds like an amazing encounter!
    In our last fight I (my bard) polymorphed our barbarian into a T-Rex and just kept spamming heals on him.
    It was a pretty awesome fight.
    I also polymorphed a wyvern into a bunny in a previous fight and he became known as bun bun; the destroyer of lands. Our lore is pretty deep :p
  17. gingerale

gingerale Dread Pirate

I'm glad spellcasters are causing trouble in your games too. Accidents happen a lot to my players too.

They arrived to a small roadhouse which some dragon cultists were using as a way to smuggle treasure to their hoard. The place had a strongroom in the back, and wanting to take a peek the wizard convinced the host that his four cans of axle grease (don't ask why he had those) are experimental highly explosive material. So they were stored in the back and written in the ledger.

Later on they find out that there's some guy with the cultists who doesn't seem to want to be with them. So the rogue sneaks in and is ready to rescue them. While he's in the small room with the poor guy an actual murderous cultist lady walks into the room and they manage to ambush and stab her to death. Now the sorcerer arrives and they decide she should disguise herself as the cultists lady to find more information.

She starts casting Disguise Self, but being a wild mage, it's sometimes not the best idea. Will of the dice decided that now was a good time for everything to explode, causing a fireball to be cast centred on our sorceress. There was a large explosion in the room, whole place was charred, the poor guy they were rescuing only left a mild shadow of dust in the wall, and the cultist lady was burned beyond recognition. The sorceress and the rogue somehow survived.

With some quick thinking the rogue instantly cast Fog Cloud (has two levels in wizard) and under the cover of the smoke he hid himself in another room and the sorcerer, now looking like the cultist lady, jumped over the railing to the ground floor, shouting "Smell you later", before running out and into the woods.

While this was going on the host was running to see what is going on and our wizard from earlier matched the pace with him and started shouting, "You said they were safe!" Due to the "smoke" provided by the fog nobody could figure out what was going on until it was too late. At this point the sorceress, now looking like herself, returned, and with some clever use of subtle magic the strongroom ledger was edited to say there were five can of "experimental explosive material."

The entire blame was pinned on the actually dead cultist lady, they arranged for the Lord of Neverwinter to pay for the loss of expensive material, and the Commander of the local guardsmen issued orders to capture the lady who escaped.

On separate news, I sadly had a family thing that prevented me from playing the beautiful monk Jamendithas Glynwarin.
  18. Almost Human

Bahaha that sounds amazing! There's so much freedom with magical shenanigans.
    I kind of wish our DM let us get a bit more creative with puzzle solutions (especially since the character I'd like to try out next should be....interesting...mwahahahahaha!) but it's still fun to solve problems with brute force I suppose.
    Even if that isn't my skinny ass bard's strong suit :p
  19. gingerale

gingerale Dread Pirate

Well then. The campaign I hosted ended with the wizard using a tome of demon summoning to send a whole bunch of dragon cultists (and himself with them) straight into Nine Hells. The rest of the party was left behind screaming insane for a little while.

Meanwhile a friend hosted the first session of her campaign. I finally got to play Jamy the Monk from above. It was a success as he covered self in olive oil and headbutted an orc.
  20. Almost Human

Bahaha that sounds fantastic!
    Our campaign wrapped up and now we're left to decide if we wanna carry on as our characters in a new adventure or try some new ones. I'm pretty torn, but I do think a new character would be fun to design.