LL posts gifs of games he's working on

Discussion in 'Pop Culture' started by Terrorbuns, Jul 25, 2014.

1. tired of me spamming main chat thread? of course you are so now im going to post gifs here instead [if this belongs in art area then move it i guess]

to start off here's what happens when i throw together a bunch of old assets and add some new stuff
    [​IMG]
  2. canoe

canoe never odd or even

oh my gooooosh I LOVE that sky. You are really getting a good eye for pixel aesthetics

I love the foreground too but you've been pretty good at those. The little roped posts across the bridges are a nice touch too.

I guess my next nitpick would be the trees and shrubs? I feel like they're in a kind of weird medium zone and should either be a little more clean and simple or a little more detailed and unique. Only my opinion and only if you're looking into another art thing to work and improve on.

But again wow, super impressed with your background and completely in awe with the (assumed) ease with which you make these incredibly charming games.
  3. Thanks! I've put together some semblence of a base engine so making platformers is suuuuuuper easy code-wise for me. The tileset and most of the player sprites are all old stuff I made a few months back for several different projects, but the background and player attack animation and water are all new! also redid the frog sprite too so it looked better/fit what I wanted it to do.

actually REALLY happy with the water; but now that I look at the gif I need to make a splash animation! so yeah gotta do that!

im not sure where im gonna take the level design tho... I know im gonna keep it simple so all levels are gonna be like, a single "room" [not a single screen but they won't be TOO long...] idk! I want the game to be easy enough for people not good with platformers but mayhaps some challenge! I'll probably stick some sort of collectible that's one per stage and have that be kinda hard to get...
  4. [​IMG]

i set up the world map tonight; tomorrow's goal is figuring out how i wanna make her move around the world map.

it's wip; i'll probably make some better tiles for it tomorrow also
  5. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

I just saw this thing in action and I have to say that it looks absolutely gorgeous! Excelent work!
  6. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

got getting into and out of levels and the first level done
  7. canoe

canoe never odd or even

It reminds me of a mix of Super Mario Bros 3 and Kirby's Adventure, which is to say A-mazing.

I 100% want to make a game with you in the future LL
  8. Thanks canoooooe

i would ~LOVE~ to makea game w/ you at some future point!!
  9. probably shouldn't double post but whatever

[​IMG] [​IMG]

i streamed tonight and got switches and level 2 done so that's cool
  10. ARE YOU READY FOR GIF SPAM

BECAUSE I AM. THREE LEVELS WORTH OF IT.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Level 1-3; Fans are introduced + some more switch stuff.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Level 1-4; Water! Also introducing new enemies, fishes and frogs!

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Level 1-5; Even more new enemies! RIP Slime

Note: After 1-3, you can do either 1-4 or 1-5 next, it's up to you!

I also added some graphical effects so the game looks a bit nicer now! cool
    also new floating animation. rad!
  11. ectocal

ectocal Hapster

I WANNA PLAY
  12. eventually

[​IMG] [​IMG]

the gif recorder records at a slower FPS then the game runs so the flickering from when something gets hit rarely shows properly in the gifs!

also World 1 is very nearly complete, but I'm not doing the Extra stages until all the worlds are done so now I move onto the next world!!!
  13. [​IMG]

Pumpkin Hill Zone . gif
  14. inexpediency

inexpediency Ruler of this [CHAT]

love those colors!
  15. thanks! I tweaked the background a smidgin, but it's probably still a taaad bit too bright.

[​IMG]

springs are fun
  16. [​IMG]

hums along to Kirby Triple Deluxe's OST
    [I also made the background less blinding too.]
  17. [​IMG]

WELCOME TO WORLD 3
  18. [​IMG]
    all the graphics are temporary and it's super wip but here's my latest project
  19. NotAPumpkin

NotAPumpkin Game maker and tie breaker

These are adorable! So is this like a pokemon game?
  20. Indeed! It is a capture-monster style game. A lot of it is currently wip but i spent yesterday and today making some graphics!
    [​IMG]
    and the starter mons:
    [​IMG]
    Scubat, Embidna, and Spink.