MERRY CHRISTMAS ADVENT THREAD 2015!!!!

Discussion in 'Sodom' started by Triangle Man, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

GOOD WINTER, EVERYONE!

It is that time of year again, where we celebrate the 24th of the Month by giving each other gifts to prevent the angry Snow Gods from killing us all via lethal Ice Age for yet another year! Or whatever other methods we use to stave off certain doom while showing our love to each other!!!

[​IMG]

So why not use this thread to discuss anything related to any of the Holidays that occur in this chilly time of the year? You won't regret it!!!
  2. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member Bürgermeister

I told a guy at work today how much I hated Christmas music and he spent the rest of the day singing carols whenever I took my headphones off and I spent the rest of the day resisting the urge to manually strangle him.
  3. AH i would cheer you on to do that tbh

I too do not like Christmas music.

Tho, to be honest, i don't really care for the holiday either but i mean
  4. Triangle Man

I am sorry that you have to put up with some many idiots at work. AH.

I mean I like some Xmas Songs, but that behavior is just outright inconsiderate. :(
  5. Almost Human

Haha yeah, we get rid of one idiot and work and another fills the vacuum. Ah well though. And I lied a little, there is ONE Christmas song I like that I will share with you all. You may choose to click, or not, it is your choice and your life will remain pretty much the same regardless.

Yeah this is kind of a problem I have to. The whole season is just so out of whack and everyone stresses themselves out about nothing. Yeeeugh
  6. Triangle Man

AH that was goddamn amazing. Made me think of this song. Also it was funny as hell. :D

And agreed on the Stress thing. There was actually a story on the radio this morning about reducing Xmas Stress by taking stock of your holiday rituals and figuring out if they jived with your goals for the Holiday. Which seems like some pretty no-nonsense advice, if we really get down to it.
  7. Almost Human

Yeah that's part of the problem, there are a couple of people in my family so obsessed with traditions and rituals that any suggestion of deviation sends them off the deep end. Everything is planned to the minute and if you don't go along with it you've ruined Christmas and they will NOT let you forget it.

On the bright side my work is giving us a good chunk of time off this year for the holidays. I'll be able to go home, visit my family and then remember why I don't go home and visit my family more often :p
  8. Blank_

Blank_ Transgender Asshole

I've cut people like that out of my life. Luckily those people were the same people who were also transphobic and refused to acknowledge my identity so it was pretty easy.
  9. Triangle Man

@ AH - Yeah, I can suddenly see why you're sour about the Holidays. My Family have their own 'Xmas Traditions', but we've always played them fast and loose so there just hasn't been the kind of drama that would bring down the wrath of the Krampus and ruin the Holidays, I suppose.

In any case, good luck with the dinner. :)

@ Blank_ - Excellent. Life's too short to let Negativity like that Clutter it up.
  10. ectocal

ectocal Hapster

This song

This fucking song

has been stuck in my head for the WHOLE. GODDAMN. WEEK.
  11. Almost Human

Yeah I kind of screwed myself with that one too, I keep replaying it.
    And then going through all the Professor Bros. videos again.
    Whoops
  12. inexpediency

inexpediency Ruler of this [CHAT]

is it bad that my favorite christmas song is the one abut herod killing all the babies

(it's really pretty though)
  13. Almost Human

I don't think I know that one!

I just got my haircut to try and feel better about the holidays. My god, it did not work, haha. It looks teeeerible.
  14. Almost Human

Update: Hair is fixed! I look a bit more punk rock than intended but the new hairdresser didn't have a lot left to work with. It's a Christmas miracle!
  15. Captain Zaven

Captain Zaven ribbed for her pleasure

this christmas season i'm thankful for angely lansbury

murder she wrote is so good
  16. Almost Human

She is our lord and savoir, sent by the true gods to absolve mankind of all it's sins, wash away our fears and sing us to our final rest.
  17. inexpediency

inexpediency Ruler of this [CHAT]

it's a beautiful 16th century choral piece, about baby murder
  18. Triangle Man

1) That Professor Brother's Song is, indeed, addictive as fuck.

2) Nice save on the grounds of the Haircut, AH. I'm sure that it looks amazing.

3) Jesus, between that song and the old yuletime tradition of telling ghost stories, I get the feeling that Christmas has been/can be incredibly dark. Now all we need is the return of the Krampus and we can really get this party going!
  19. Almost Human

This is a lovely song about baby murder! I only have one song on my playlist about baby murder but it's not particularly christmassy:

Also thanks, Tri! I think it looks pretty good, but I'm pretty bias :p
    And you don't really have to wait for the return of the Krampus, I've noticed an intense influx of krampus related stories/ tv specials / acknowledgement over the past probably three years. It won't be long before he's an angry Christmas staple like scrooge and the grinch, both of which I've already been called this year simply for stating I'm not a christmas fan and don't want to listen to related music. Apparently any comprimise or resistance when it comes to holiday traditions is now met with the implication that you're a greedy orphan starver and / or actively attempting to sabotage the holidays.

Whatever though, I have my own winter conundrum; ants.
    A shockingly warm winter so far has caused a minor infestation and my ant traps have only further confused matters. With only have access to my apartment, the ants have choosen it as their hunting ground, but the only food they can find is poison. So more hatch, come in, grab poison, feed it to their new queen and rinse and repeat. The problem is that in between queens they can't seem to figure out where to go so they all just "sleep" by the ant traps in large circles.
    I didn't know ants slept but I don't know how else to describe what they do as they are completely unmoving for hours around the source of food, and the source of their death.
    Eventually I just sweep the poor bastards up and pour them down the sink but jeeze it's like an ant tent city in here some mornings.
    Kind of surreal.
  20. Triangle Man

Nice Song. :)

I'm sorry that you have to keep putting up with both the Holiday Hivemind (which is apparently a thing) and the ants, although it also sounds like the start of some sort of bizarre heartwarming Christmas flick? Except when you murder them at the end. :/

Also, huzzah for a new Holiday Creep in the form of the Krampus! Unlike the other two, however, his story does not end with him learning the true meaning of Christmas. Rather, he teaches you important lessons via fear. O_O

In any case, the family dinner is in a couple of days and I'm super looking forward to it, so... let's go!