Parasol - A platforming adventure!

Discussion in 'Pop Culture' started by Terrorbuns, Mar 24, 2013.

1. SO, AS SOME OF YOU/MOST OF YOU BY NOW KNOW, I'VE BEEN WORKING ON A GAME.

PARASOL'S THE NAME, UMBRELLA-ING'S THE GAME.
    [post mostly C+P from another forum]

TEST LEVEL DEMO COMPLETE.
    DOWNLOAD HERE: >DOWNLOAD<

After about a week of hard work, I have completed the test level! Featuring FOUR WHOLE ROOMS of INTENSE PARASOL ACTION, you play as LANI the PARASOL GIRL. Your current goal is to simply reach the end of the fourth room.

CONTROLS:
    X, C, ARROW KEYS, SPACEBAR.
    You’ll have to figure out what they do on your own though. Try using the arrow keys in combination with C!

WINDOWS ONLY.

Note: Enemies on the ground don’t die. Flying enemies will respawn [hopefully, I’m pretty sure I got it to work, not a terribly big deal if they don’t though.]

Still trying to nail down a consistent level design but I think I'm getting there! Let me know what you think of everything! (I'm still working on the sky and clouds and stuff. Backgrounds are hard :C)

SCREENSHOTS
    [​IMG] *[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  2. Varkarrus

Varkarrus I have class

I see you didn't take my suggestions :p

no really, jumpcancel is a good idea
    and it could still use more reach

also you should be able to grab onto a bar with C even if you are attacking because otherwise if you miss you end up attacking and then you can't grab and that's no fun.
  3. I updated the demo some more! I forgot to add the jumpcancel, sorry Vark. Next demo......

Changes include slight physic tweaks, hanging should be infinitely easier to pull off, and the vertical room should be loads easier now, among other things!

Same link!
  4. Varkarrus

Varkarrus I have class

awethome!!

it flows a lot better now, too

e. noticed a bug (heh): the flying bugs don't move while they are only partially on screen.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2013
  5. >DOWNLOAD DEMO HERE<

Here is a demo of the first three stages of this game! You can use CTRL to unlock levels. Please do not try to enter levels past 3, it just makes the game unplayable and requires you to restart. Just don't do it.

Let me know what you think!
    [vark: I haven't fixed that yet just haven't gotten around to it]
  6. Varkarrus

Varkarrus I have class

targetx = player.x-view_wview[0]/2
    targety = player.y-view_hview[0]/2
    view_xview[0]+=(targetx-view_xview[0])/15
    view_yview[0]+=(targety-view_yview[0])/15
  7. Triangle Man

Triangle Man Cautiously Optimistic

Hey, I finally got around to playing this today, and I have to say that it was pretty fun! Of course, it took me a minute or so to figure out how the controls worked; perhaps you could add some signs or something as a bit of a tutorial in the final version of the game?