There's been a few changes around here...

Discussion in 'Admin Notes' started by Almost Human, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member Bürgermeister

So this is just a permanent little spot to explain what's been happening over the past few days:
    Our lovely vbulletin is no more. An automatic upgrade to the servers murdered our version and without 250 spare dollars to buy a new one, we were forced to retire it.

Fear not, my fine young friends, for Xenforo has a transfer ability which has kept every keystroke, well, similar at least. Which brings me to an important point; it took a few tries to get our userbase, threads and so forth transferred over and, as inex saw firsthand, not everything went as smoothly as we would hope.
    If you've lost something like letters off your username please let me know and I can at the very least try to fix that. If you've lost your account altogether I sincerely apologize, it was nothing malicious, simply bad luck. Feel free to make a new one.

That being said, I feel I should announce that our previous team of mods and admins has been pruned a bit. Old Greg (someone I've never really had the pleasure of meeting, online or otherwise) has been bumped down to a normal user, as has Bandages, due entirely on both parts to inactivity. Bandages, if you see this and would like your status back then please contact me (private or openly, it doesn't matter which) and we can discuss restoring your title. Until then I will be taking over sole mod/admin duties. If this is a problem for anyone, please don't hesitate to bring it up, I'm sure we can find a way to make this work.

Aside from that, I'm taking what free time I have to try and learn the functions of this forum software so we can continue to have fun and do what we do in these parts. I currently have no idea what the points or trophies system in all this is, or how to change it, but if you have any question, concerns, comments or discoveries regarding the new fora, don't be afraid to speak up.
    Iiii think that's everything, I'll keep this sticked until it's no longer relevant. That is a thing I can do now.
  2. inverted L-block

inverted L-block Chucklefuck

I have a spooky occurrence,
    My username changed from inverted L-block to nixshadow, mind changing it back? :)
  3. Almost Human

I don't mind at all! And I apologize, I honestly don't know why it flipped things around for some people. Technology is crazy!
    inverted L-block likes this.
  4. inverted L-block

inverted L-block Chucklefuck

Thank you :)
    It's especially weird since I don't believe I used the name nixshadow in any capacity here, but it's like it knows.
    The forums might be sentient.
  5. Almost Human

That's kind of the assumption I've been running on as well, but I've been playing it as cool as possible so it doesn't sense my fear.
  6. ectocal

ectocal Hapster

As I remember, you were nix for the first few months.

I also lost my title when we made the move and I don't know how to get it back
  7. Almost Human

I think I found the option to set them, you should be able to do that now. I'm guessing in the same place you edit your profile? I can't seem to find where that is though, since I do everything through the admin console. I'll try to find it though.