This Thread Seems A Little Sketchy... [Art]

Discussion in 'The Arts' started by inexpediency, Jul 19, 2011.

1. inexpediency

inexpediency Ruler of this [CHAT]

This is the place to put doodles, sketches, and other pieces of visual art that aren't meant to be seriously critiqued.

Personally, I'm going to try to post in this thread more than I ever have before, as I clumsily try to figure out this horrible thing called the human body.

[​IMG]

how do I art
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2011
  2. Varkarrus

Varkarrus I have class

When I get home I'll upload my silly little WIP of 4 different castlevania characters about to take on Dracula. It's pretty cool. Except I totally screwed up on Shanoa.
  3. Cucurbita

Cucurbita Filled with Candy

Is that toe going up that torsos butt creek

that's what it looks like to me
  4. Almost Human

Almost Human Mightest of the Drunks Staff Member Bürgermeister

Inex: It's nice to see that you're practicing feet, a lot of people avoid them outright and that's a shame.

I'll play too, here is a sketch I'm in the process of cleaning up for my maybe someday forum adventure:
    [​IMG]
  5. qiam

qiam Guest

[​IMG]

some actual doodles:
    [​IMG]
  6. inexpediency

I'm trying my hardest not to be Rob Liefeld

feet are so haaaaaard though hnnnng

@Qiam: I cannot stop laughing at that Terezi :D

and that comic is super great
  7. qiam

qiam Guest

i struggle with this whenever i draw things

"THESE HANDS ARE TOO HARD, i'm just gonna put them in pockets"

"FEET? hahahaha nope everyone gets giant boots instead"

but then i don't actually do those things

and terezi is one of my favorite of those doodles, it came out really good >:]
  8. inexpediency

Design a character? POUCHES FOR EVERYONE!

Someday I'm going to make a superhero called Pouchman and his superpower is that he has a lot of pouches and also invisible feet and hands
  9. MadameSB

MadameSB Hot blooded

Someone beat you to that.

[​IMG]
  10. inexpediency

pffffhahahha

the feet don't look enough like lima beans

but pouches on the guns, hahahahahaha
  11. qiam

qiam Guest

I think every time Rob Liefield draws anything, he intends to go up to decent character design with the intent to punch it square in the face.

Tetsuya Nomura toes the line, but he often gets the pass simply because he can actually draw and because excessive belts and zippers are actually pretty common in Japan. He drew Lulu in FFVII with a giant belt skirt to challenge the CG and character modelers. Sometimes they get can stupid, but generally I think the Japanese RPG fetish for belts and zippers isn't nearly as bad as Liefield's fetishes for all the stupid things he does.
  12. Cucurbita

That and the fact that Nomura can design relatively normal looking characters. For example, I'd say the characters from TWEWY are actually all really good designs.
  13. qiam

qiam Guest

the thing about the TWEWY characters is that he had to draw characters that were dressed a bit more realistically because it was set in present day in Shibuya. the oddness about their outfits is explained away by how much Shibuya cares about fashion

his designs would be better if he kept them more simple like the TWEWY ones

e: also Nomura actually dresses a bit like his characters with the weird belts and zippers and accessories
  14. Almost Human

15. inexpediency

ahaha Superboy's face

that is the grumpiest Superboy I have ever seen

at least the belt is more practical than fighting crime in jeans and a t-shirt
  16. Almost Human

The jeans a tee shirts crime fighter killed one of my favorite things about superheroes: Watching them fight in their civvies.
    To me there was something all the more thrilling about watching someone dressed as an ordinary person suddenly punch a car or leap twenty feet into the air. It actually gave me a bit of thrill to see, Hell if Clark put on the tights I probably wouldn't own 7 seasons of Smallville. Now every teen hero is doing it and it no longer seems special or like we're breaking any secret, unspoken rules. It's a bit upsetting really.
  17. inexpediency

Yeah, I agree with you. I mean, when it only happens sparingly, it's more of a "hey that guy looks normal OH GOD JESUS HE JUST PUNCHED OUT A SKYSCRAPER" effect. Or, like, "Oh no! He's not in costume! Is he still going to save the day? BOOM, OF COURSE HE IS, SUCKERS."

I wonder if there should be a comics chat thread?
  18. Almost Human

If there is, I will post previews of some of my favorites from my collection.
  19. inexpediency

20. Cucurbita

Bringing it back to art with this thing that I don't even

spoiler'd for your safety

[​IMG]